- TREAT Every gun as if it is loaded.
- NEVER allow the muzzle to point at something you don’t intend to shoot, hurt, and destroy.
- KEEP the gun safety on until you are ready to shoot.
- KEEP your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
- ALWAYS be sure of your target and what is behind it.
- CHECK to make sure the chamber is empty before handing a gun to someone else.
- NEVER look down the barrel of a gun and never point a gun at another person.
- NEVER TOUCH a gun that you find or let other children touch it. Go tell an adult immediately.
- BE SAFE. Store guns safely & wear your “eyes & ears.”
- DON’T RUSH! Slow is smooth; smooth is fast.
- BRASS – Breath, Relax, Aim, Squeeze, Shoot.
Remember “good practice makes good habits!”
A printable version can be found here.
One thought on “Gun Safety Rules”
Comments are closed.